Monday, February 21, 2011

Fun With Teacups

Hello tea enthusiasts!  Karen here.  As anyone who knows me will attest, I am ALWAYS chasing the latest and greatest. I just have to be on the cutting edge!

(OK, that's a total lie.  I'm the person who refuses to Tweet, only recently got texting on her phone, and whose outdated mp3 player is often mistaken for a Walkman. But for the purposes of this blog let's pretend it's true.)

So of course I also strive to be on the forefront of the tea industry, which involves a lot of heavy Googling. If anyone in the government is tracking my search terms, they might worry about my mental health--although, to throw them off, I do take breaks to search more normal topics like "awkward family photos" and "merengue dog."  (Try it, they're hilarious.)

Anyway, I find a thorough web combing is the best cure for what I like to call the "tea cup blahs." Ever have a day when you just can't enjoy your tea because you're so distracted by that ugly "Diversity Fair 2003" mug you got from an uncle? Can't take your eyes off that unsightly crack in your teacup? Do you spit out your Earl Grey in disgust every time you have to drink from a styrofoam monstrosity? You've got the blahs, my friend.

Not to fear! Tea receptacles have come a long way since the days of hand-me-down mugs from your relatives' work events. Mugs today are not only functional, but also whimsical, artistic, and downright impractical. Which is just what we like. Check out the future of tea drinking!




Looking to give your boyfriend/girlfriend a subtle hint? Try a little bling with your morning beverage.





 Waiter, there's a mouse in my tea!




Step away from the sugar and no one gets hurt...
(great funny bizarre)




Why no, detective, I couldn't be the one you're after  Just look at this silly mustache.
(dhyra.com)




Better eat it before he does!
(dhyra.com)

---------------------


Wow, where are we, the FUTURE?  My mind has literally been blown.  While I go clean that up, get yourself pumped for my next installment on the self-drinking teacup!  For the tea lover on the go, now you don't need to actually drink the tea yourself in order to FEEL like you did!

Until next time... drink on!

No comments: