Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sexy Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

October is here, and we know what that means! No, not "All Hallows Eve," that pagan tradition of calling forth the spirits of "Sexy Pumpkin" and "Zombie Conan O'Brian" in order to rid the world of as many evil sweets as possible in a single night. No! Of course I'm referring to the return of the Pumpkin Latte at Starbucks.

What? I'm not allowed to talk coffee on the Tea Exchange? I can't help it. There's just something so comforting about a four dollar cup of sugary goodness that tastes like the holidays. It reminds us all that it's almost Thanksgiving...which means it's almost Christmas, which means it's almost New Years, which means--ACK!! the year's almost over, and what have we accomplished except gaining a few extra pounds from all those pumpkin lattes we've been slamming down?

OK, maybe it's time to go back to tea.

Not to fear, caffeine junkies! October is the perfect time to start your new diet and exercise routine. Mine involves drinking copious amounts of sub-par green tea and wandering around the office on my lunch break. Six pack, here I come!

Perhaps it's only the placebo effect, but I think I see a change already. I feel younger, lighter, closer to the earth. I feel like I could start meditating every day, if only it wasn't so boring. I feel like doing yoga. I also have to pee a lot, which I guess is kind of cleansing in its own way. I shall call this THE GREEN TEA CLEANSE!

Join me, will you?

Here are the tenets of the GREEN TEA CLEANSE:

1. Drink a lot of green tea.

2. Drink more green tea.

3. Be cleansed.


...Ok, so maybe it needs a little development. Stay tuned for my next cleanse, the ENGLISH BREAKFAST BINGE! Higher in caffeine and lower in pretention. You're welcome.

No comments: